- Combine the softened butter with the vanilla powder, icing sugar and fleur de sel.
- Incorporate the flour and egg yolks.
- Keep chilled.
225 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 284 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 65 g icing sugar 19 g egg yolks 5 g fleur de sel 2 g vanilla
Carrot cake batter
- Combine the ground almonds and flour in a food processor.
- Heat the eggs, sugar and salt to 40°C in the bowl of a stand mixer set over a bain-marie.
- Beat to the ribbon using a whisk.
- Transfer to the stand mixer and stir in the dry ingredients using the paddle.
- Add the grated carrots followed by the clarified butter at 45°C.
- Refrigerate overnight.
144 g eggs 123 g sugar 1 g salt 123 g ground almonds (fine) 112 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 10 g baking powder 3 g cinnamon powder 312 g carrots, very finely grated 31 g Liquid Clarified Butter 99,9% fat
- Blend the cooked carrots with the ACE juice then heat.
- At 40°C, add the combined pectin, sugar and dextrose.
- vBring to the boil, add the gelatine mass and blend using a hand mixer.
1530 g cooked carrots 34 g pectin NH 136 g sugar 159 g dextrose 108 g gelatin mass
- Grate the carrots and place them and the ACE juice in a sous-vide bag.
- Remove the air and cook in a sous vide bath at 100°C for 1 hour, or cook in a covered saucepan over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add more ACE juice if necessary to obtain a total weight of 1530 g.
1020 g carrots 510 g ACE juice
- Combine the juices and freshly grated ginger.
334 g carrot juice 102 g orange juice 65 g lemon juice 9 g Fresh ginger
- Rehydrate the gelatine in the cold water for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt in the microwave then place in the refrigerator.
30 g gelatine powder (200 Bloom) 182 g water
Sculpture/soft cream cheese mousse
- Bring the milk and sugar to the boil.
- Add the gelatine mass and pour over the white chocolate.
- Add the soft cream cheese and blend with a hand mixer.
- At 24°C add the whipped Sculpture.
199 g milk 90 g sugar 78 g gelatin mass 82 g white chocolate 33% 451 g Elle & Vire Professionnel® Soft Cream Cheese 300 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
Sculpture/white chocolate/soft cream cheese cremeux
- Bring the Sculpture to the boil.
- Add the gelatine mass.
- Pour over the white chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add the soft cream cheese, then blend with a hand mixture to obtain a nice emulsion.
249 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 144 g Elle & Vire Professionnel® Soft Cream Cheese 26 g gelatin mass 186 g white chocolate 33%
- Heat the ingredients together and bring to the boil.
250 g hot neutral glaze 250 g water
Orange chocolate spraying mixture
- Melt the white chocolate with the cocoa butter.
- At 45°C mix with the colouring agents.
150 g white chocolate 33% 150 g cocoa butter QS soluble yellow colouring Orange fat-soluble colouring as desired
White and green chocolate decoration
- On a strip of guitar sheet, pipe out a drop of white chocolate, then a drop chocolate coloured with the combined green and yellow colouring.
- Cover with another strip of guitar sheet.
- Flatten by pressing down with a cork.
- Curve by placing the decorations in a 5.5 cm log cake mould.
500 g white chocolate 33% QS fat-soluble green food colouring QS fat-soluble yellow food colouring
Assembly & finishing touches
- Roll out the vanilla shortbread dough to a thickness of 2.5 mm then place in the refrigerator.
- Cut out 7.5 cm circles and bake on Silpain mats in a 145°C convection oven for approximately 18 minutes.
- Let cool. Spread 860 g of carrot cake batter in a half frame (35 x 26.5 cm) on a Silpat mat and bake in a 170°C convection oven for approximately 13 minutes.
- Let cool. Spread 1200 g of ACE confit on top of the carrot cake in the half frame.
- Place in the freezer. Remove the frame then cut the inserts into 5.5 cm circles.
- Spread 400 g of ACE confit inside a half frame on a guitar sheet and place in the freezer.
- Remove the frame then cut into 5 cm disks.
- Place the disks of ACE confit in the bottom of the Silikomart® SF 243 mould then pour 15 g of Sculpture/white chocolate/soft cream cheese cremeux (at 30°C) on top and return to the freezer.
- Pipe 30 g of Sculpture/soft cream cheese mousse into the base of each Silikomart SF127 mould.
- Press the insert into the centre then place in the freezer.
- Unmould the mousse disks and spray with a thin layer of hot glaze.
- Unmould the cakes and spray with a thin layer of hot glaze followed by a thin layer of the orange chocolate spraying mixture.
- Place the cakes on top of the shortbread bases then top with the mousse disks.
- Whip the Sculpture with the sugar and pipe out a dollop onto each cake using a plain 8 mm tip.
- Top with a white and green chocolate decoration.