Matcha sponge cake
- Whip the egg whites on medium speed and add the sugar.
- Combine the honey with the milk, the colouring and the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and matcha green tea powder and add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Combine to a smooth batter and add the vegetable oil.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites and combine to obtain a homogeneous mix.
- Line a 40 x 60 cm baking tray with a silicone mat and spread the batter evenly on it.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Cool the sponge cake after baking but leave on the silicone mat.
- Cover with clingfilm and let rest overnight in the refrigerator.
210 g pasteurized liquid egg yolks 145 g milk 125 g sugar 350 g pasteurized liquid egg whites 15 g Matcha green tea powder to taste 80 g honey 100 g T45 flour 25 g Corn Strarch 90 g vegetable oil SQ Pistachio green food colouring (to adjust)
Liquid chocolate glaze
- Slowly melt the white chocolate and add the cocoa butter, the colouring and the grapeseed oil.
- Mix for 90 seconds and set aside until needed.
- You need approximately 20 g for each individual cake.
- Using larger volumes to start makes working easier.
500 g white chocolate 33% 150 g cocoa butter 25 g grape seed oil SQ liposoluble pistachio green colouring
Whipped vanilla ganache
- Heat the Sculpture (1), vanilla, inverted sugar and glucose syrup to 80°C.
- Pour over the white chocolate and the cocoa butter drops.
- Make an emulsion.
- Add the cold Sculpture (2) to this mixture and mix for a minute.
- Cover the surface with clingfilm and leave to set overnight.
- Remove the silicone mat from the sponge cake.
- Cut the sponge cake into 4 equal parts measuring 20 x 30 cm.
- Spread 150 g of the whipped ganache onto each rectangle of sponge cake.
- Roll up the sponge cakes lengthwise and seal closed.
- Make neat rolls by using a semi-rigid plastic sheet.
- Freeze until firm enough to cut to size.
- Cut a 30 cm long roll into 6 small individual cakes.
- Place on a tray and keep frozen.
- Heat the chocolate glaze to a temperature of 38-40°C and dip the frozen cake rolls individually in the glaze.
- Dip just the sides and scrape the bottom of the cake before placing them on a silicone mat to set.
- Decorate with Sculpture sweetened to 8%, then decorate as desired.