- Using the dough hook of the stand mixer, combine the two types of flour, butter and salt and slowly pour in the vinegar and water.
- Form into a ball and let rest in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough and enclose the butter sheet.
- Close up and give the dough its turns.
310 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 940 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 25 g salt 550 g water 25 g Vinager 125 g butter 1000 g Express Butter 82% fat – Sheet
900 g sugar
- Perform 3 single turns, respecting the resting time between each turn.
- Give the dough its final 2 single turns, sprinkling generously with the sugar.
- Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3 mm and a width of 45 cm.
- Let the pastry rest, then cut into 85-cm long pieces.
- Fold inwards 13 cm lengthwise on each side.
- Fold inwards a second time on each side and then fold in 2.
- Even out with a rolling pin.
- Return to the refrigerator.
- Cut into 1.5-cm thick slices.
- Return to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (so that the sugar becomes syrupy).
- Place on two greased Teflon baking sheets.
- Bake in a 190°C deck oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- Turn the palmiers over halfway through the baking time so that they colour evenly on each side.