- Baker-Pastry Chef
Tonka and speck pastry petals
- Recipe calculated for 12 persons / 12 pieces
- 2 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Roughly mix all the ingredients except the butter for 2/3 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the machine and place it on a 40×60 cm tray.
- Cover it with a plastic sheet and let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the butter and dough from the refrigerator, spread and stretch the dough so that the butter can be placed on the centre of it.
- Close the dough making sure to bring together the edges of the dough in the centre.
- Start rolling the dough, spread it slightly and continue rolling.
- Fold once in 3 and once in 2.
- Cover again with the plastic sheet and blast chill at 6 °C.
- Fold twice more in 2, letting the dough rest between one fold and the other if necessary due to the heat.
- Once the last folds are finished, leave to rest for another hour and roll out the dough to 8 millimetres thick.
- Then, put it in a leavening cell at 45 °C for 30 minutes.
- Next, take the dough out and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, take the dough and cut into 9×9 cm squares.
- Use a scalpel for cutting so as not to spoil the layers of pastry.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 90 minutes at 130 °C/140 °C.
500 g puff pastry flour 00 280 w p/l 0.48 105 g Roasted butter 98% fat 10 g salt 25 g fine sugar 170 g water 100 g whole milk 10 g diastatic malt extract UP 4500/5000 250 g Express Butter 82% fat – Sheet
Tonka and cheese whipped ganache
- Boil water, Sculpture and cream cheese.
- Add the gelatine preparation and pour over the chocolate chips and grated Tonka bean.
- Emulsify, cover with plastic film and crystallise for 12 hours at 4 °C.
- The next day, take a bowl, cool it and whip the ganache.
- Cut the pastry in two, garnish with the ganache and decorate with crispy speck.
228 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 228 g 210 g water 35 g gelatine 3 g Tonka beans 295 g white couverture chocolate 35%