- Using the dough hook of the stand mixer, combine the two types of flour, salt, the 250 g of butter cut into pieces while slowly adding the vinegar and water.
- Divide dough into 1920 g portions and let rest in the refrigerator.
- Make a traditional pastry cream.
275 g milk 40 g sugar 60 g egg yolk 12 g powdered cream 12 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein)
Apbricot frangipane cream
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
- Add the ground almonds and flour followed by the room-temperature eggs little by little.
- Add the room-temperature pastry cream and the warmed rum.
585 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 585 g sugar 585 g eggs 585 g ground almonds 90 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 345 g pastry cream 54 g 340 g
- Roll out the dough and insert the sheet of butter.
- Fold the dough over to enclose and seal then perform five turns, respecting the resting time between each.
- Roll out to a thickness of 2 mm and cut into Ø28-cm circles for the bases of the galettes.
- Let rest. Pipe out 450-g of frangipane cream into Ø25-cm circles on sheets of baking paper.
- Insert the dried apricots and put in the freezer.
- Place a frangipane cream insert in the centre of a piece of puff pastry.
- Moisten the edges with water using a brush.
- Close the galette with another circle of puff pastry, giving it a quarter turn.
- Turn the galette over and moisten the entire surface with water using a brush.
- Sprinkle with 30 g of the brown sugar/bran mixture.
- Score the galette in straight lines out from the centre using a cutter and a ruler.
- Transfer the galette to a sheet of baking paper (brown sugar/bran mixture side down) and prick with a fork.
- Bake in a 165°C convection oven for approximately 50 minutes.
150 g raw sugar 75 g