- Dissolve the yeast in the cold milk.
- Combine the two types of flour, salt, sugar, the 165 g of butter, and the yeast/milk mixture in stand mixer and mix on speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- Knead on speed 2 for 8 minutes.
- Form into a ball and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down, roll out into a rectangle and refrigerate overnight.
- In a food processor, process the roasted hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and orange blossom water.
- Add the cold butter, cut into pieces, and process again to obtain a homogenous paste.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sifted icing sugar and chopped toasted almonds.
150 g roasted hazelnuts 150 g walnuts 25 g raw almonds 60 g sugar 2 g powdered cinnamon 5 g orange blossom water 75 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 50 g icing sugar 75 g
Milk and egg yolk wash
- Combine the ingredients.
150 g egg yolks 150 g milk
SQ Chopped hazelnuts SQ SQ icing sugar
Shapink and baking
- Using a Ø10-mm plain tip, pipe out strips of walnut filling. Place in the freezer then cut into 8-cm inserts.
- Enclose the sheet of butter in the dough and give it 1 double turn. Then give it a single turn and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of 3 mm and cut into 8 x 16 cm rectangles.
- Roll up the dough around the inserts. Store in the freezer or let rise for 1¾ hours at 28°C. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes then brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and wheat bran. Bake in a 170°C convection oven for approximately 17 minutes.
- Let cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.