- Baker-Pastry Chef
- An original recipe from Rony Parijs
- 4 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
Carrot cake batter
- Combine the eggs and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Combine the spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) with the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift and add to the egg and brown sugar mixture. Stir to obtain a smooth batter.
- Add the melted butter at 38°C.
- Grate the carrots. Add the vanilla, walnuts and dates.
- Add to the cake batter and stir to obtain a homogenous mixture.
380 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 500 g flour 375 g carrots 35 g dates, cut into small cubes 60 g shelled walnuts, chopped 375 g light brown sugar 1 pinch of salt 0,3 g nutmeg 0,3 g cinnamon 1 vanilla pods 375 g whole eggs 10 g baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170-175°C.
- Grease and flour 3 Ø17 cm round cake pans.
- Divide the batter between the pans, 700 g per pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, turn the cakes upside down and let cool.
Cream cheese decoration
- Heat the milk with the sugar (1) until it reaches the boil.
- Blanch the yolks with the sugar (2).
- Pour the hot milk over the blanched yolks and heat to 83°C.
- Add the gelatine mass and stir until completely melted.
- Strain to ensure smoothness, then pour over the white chocolate.
- Stir well then add the room-temperature cream cheese.
- Stir and let cool to 32°C.
- Add the half-beaten whipping speciality Sculpture and fold in with a rubber spatula.
350 g milk 50 g sugar (1) 150 g egg yolks 50 g sugar (2) 75 g gelatine mass 135 g white chocolate 250 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 500 g Elle & Vire French Cream Cheese
- Line 3 Ø19 cm rings with plastic wrap.
- Place the cakes in the centre and pour the cream cheese mixture into the moulds.
- Smooth the surface and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before transferring to the freezer for storage.
- Unmould and remove the plastic wrap.
- Decorate with an orange chocolate band.
- Decorate the top with pieces of walnuts and mini carrots made of marzipan.