- Baker-Pastry Chef
- 2 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Incorporate the 250 g of Laiterie Corman Butter for Puff Pastry into the 940 g of croissant dough and give it one double turn, followed by one single turn.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm in a 54 x 50 cm rectangle.
- Cut out ovals using a 17 x 12 cm turnover cutter.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out lightly and egg wash the edges.
- Fill the turnovers with lemon cream (50 g), fold, turn over and place on a baking sheet.
- Prove for one hour 30 mins at 25°C.
- Egg wash, sprinkle brown sugar in the centre.
- Cook at 210°C in a deck oven, or 170°C in a convection oven, for about 18 minutes.
- Brush with syrup. Return to the oven for one minute to dry the syrup.
- Sprinkle the edges with snow decoration.
940 g croissant dough 250 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet 1 Batch of lemon cream 5 egg wash 5 g brown sugar 5 g 30° Baumé syrup
- Bring the lemon juice, zest, butter and half of the sugar to a the boil.
- Whisk the eggs, remaining sugar and pastry cream powder.
- Cook as for pastry cream.
100 g lemon juice 4 Peel of 1 lemon 120 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 180 g sugar 180 g eggs 8 g Pastry cream powder