- Whisk together the water and yeast, then add the flour (poolish).
- Cover with cling film and leave to ferment at room temperature for about 1 hour (the mixture should double in volume).
- Once the poolish has doubled in volume, knead on the lowest speed in a mixer together with all the ingredients. Knead on the second lowest speed setting for 8 to 10 minutes (the dough should be smooth).
- Keep the dough at a temperature of 24 °C. Form the dough into a ball, then place on a baking sheet and cover with cling film. Leave to rest at 2 °C overnight
480 g water at 20 °C 40 g yeast 480 g T55 flour 1520 g Gruau flour (high gluten flour) 40 g salt 240 g sugar 40 g trimoline 400 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block
Apple and hazelnut filling
- Toast and chop the hazelnuts, heat the sugar and butter to a caramel colour, then add the diced apples and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool and add the chopped hazelnuts, just before you fill the pastries, to keep them from going soft.
520 g hazelnuts 300 g sugar 300 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 2200 g Granny Smith apples
- Roll out the dough and place 1 kg of the butter sheet on it. Give a double turn, and then a single turn. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- . Roll out the dough to 3.5 mm thick. Cut out 9 cm x 9 cm squares, place on baking sheets, brush egg wash on the edges and press a Ø60 mm cutter into the centre. Roll out the remaining dough to a thickness of 3 mm, and cut out using a lattice pastry cutter.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden, then cut out Ø100 mm circles and lay over the apples. Proof at 30 °C for 1.5 hours.
- Brush with the egg wash and bake at 220 °C in a conventional oven or 170 °C in a fan oven for about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with syrup straight out of the oven. Once cooled, sprinkle confectioner's sugar over one side.
3.76 kg croissant dough 1 kg Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet 3320 g egg wash sirup at 30°B snow sugar