- Baker-Pastry Chef
Individual Patchwork Puff Pastry Rounds
- An original recipe from Sébastien Léger
- Recipe calculated for 55 pieces
- 4 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Dissolve the yeast in the cold milk.
- Combine the two types of flour, salt, sugar, butter (1) cut in cubes and yeast/milk mixture on Speed 1 of the mixer for 5 minutes.
- Knead on Speed 2 for 8 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down, roll out into a rectangle and refrigerate overnight.
835 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 835 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 65 g yeast 860 g milk 30 g salt 200 g sugar 165 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 1000 g Extra Butter 82% fat – Sheet
- Combine all ingredients
150 g raw sugar 5 g lemon zest 100 g flaked almonds
Shaping and baking
- Enclose the butter sheet in the croissant dough and perform 1 double turn.
- Then give the dough 1 single turn and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Fill the buttered rings with 70 g of croissant dough cubes (or trimmings).
- Let rise for approximately 2 hours at 28°C.
- Brush the tops of each patchwork round with melted butter and sprinkle with citrus-scented sugar.
- Bake in a 165°C convection oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Unmould, let cool and sprinkle partially with icing sugar.