- Baker-Pastry Chef
The classic croissant
- Recipe calculated for 55 pieces
- 3 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
Filled croissant dough
- Dissolve the yeast in the cold milk.
- Combine the flours, salt, sugar, butter cut into pieces (1) and the milk/yeast mixture on low speed of the stand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Increase speed to 2 and knead for 8 minutes.
- Form into a ball and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down, roll out into a rectangle and refrigerate overnight.
1113 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 1113 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 40 g salt 267 g sugar 87 g fresh yeast 220 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 1147 g milk 1000 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet
Cream egg wash
- Combine all ingredients together and set aside in the refrigerator.
200 g egg yolks 100 g milk 100 g Selection Cream 35% fat
Shaping and baking
- Enclose the butter sheet (2) in the dough and give it 1 double turn.
- Then give it 1 single turn and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of 2 to 3 mm and cut into triangles that are 24 cm long and 11 cm wide at the base (65 g).
- Roll up the croissants.
- Store in the freezer or let rise for 13⁄4 hours at 28°C (80% humidity).
- Let sit for 15 min in the refrigerator then brush with the egg wash.
- Preheat the convection oven to 190°C and bake the croissants at 170°C for approximately 17 minutes.