- Baker-Pastry Chef
- An original recipe from Giambattista Montanari et Jonathan Léger
- Recipe calculated for 4 pieces
- 7 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Using the dough hook of the stand mixer, combine the two types of flour, butter and salt while slowly drizzling in the vinegar and water.
- Form into a ball and let rest in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough and insert the butter sheet.
- Close the dough parcel and give it its turns.
940 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 310 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 25 g salt 125 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 25 g Vinager 500 g water 1000 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet
- Prepare a traditional pastry cream.
350 g milk 50 g sugar 70 g Egg yolks 15 g cream powder 15 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein)
Speculoos frangipane cream
- Cream the softened butter with the two types of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Add the ground almond and flour.
- Gradually incorporate the eggs.
- Stir until smooth then add the room-temperature pastry cream followed by the warmed rum.
350 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 135 g sugar 180 g light brown beet sugar 10 g cinnamon powder 350 g egg 350 g ground almonds 50 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 210 g pastry cream 35 g dark rum
Blanch the whole oranges in salted water.
Cut into pieces and blend with the juices using a hand mixer.
Heat to 40°C then add the combined pectin, sugar and dextrose.
Heat to 100°C (40° Brix). Remove from the heat and let cool.
130 g orange 110 g orange juice 45 g lemon juice 40 g sugar 15 g yellow pectin 30 g dextrose
- Combine the egg whites with the sifted icing sugar then add the vinegar.
40 g egg white 200 g icing sugar 1 g white vinegar
200 g whole raw almonds 100 g maple syrup SQ sugar
Assembly and baking
- Perform 5 single turns on the dough, respecting the resting time between each. Roll out to a thickness of 2 mm and cut into Ø26 cm circles. Let rest.
- Pipe out 300 g of speculoos frangipane in Ø20 cm circles on sheets of baking paper. Pipe out 60 g of citrus confit then pipe out another 100 g of frangipane. Smooth, then place in the freezer.
- Moisten the edges of a puff pastry circle with water using a brush. Place a frangipane insert in the centre. Top and seal with another circle of puff pastry giving it a quarter turn. Turn the galette over and moisten with a brush and sprinkle with sugar. Turn the galette over placing the sugar coated side on the sheet of baking paper. Prick the surface and bake in a 165°C convection oven for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the galette over and glaze lightly with maple syrup then return to the 165°C oven for another 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then, using a piping cone, decorate with royal icing, scatter with slivers of raw almonds and let dry in the 165°C oven for 3 minutes.