1st dough piece
- Mix the first four ingredients, then pour in the flour and sourdough.
- Knead for about 15 minutes, then pour in the butter and the egg yolks (2).
- Knead again for 20 to 25 minutes at 24-26°C.
- Leave the dough to rise at 26°C for 10-12 hours, until it has reached 1.7 times its initial volume (740 g of dough in a 200 cl cylinder must reach the top).
- Brush with butter and place in the fridge at 4°C for an hour.
550 g water 400 g sugar 400 g egg yolks 30 g diastatic malt extract UP 4500/5000 1500 g 100 g egg yolks (2) 375 g sourdough 500 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block
Passion fruit jelly with gellan gum
- Mix all the ingredients cold, heat slowly up to 90°C, allowing the gelatine time to rehydrate.
- Arrange immediately in a square mould.
- Remove from the mould after 2 minutes, leave to cool and cut to a suitable size for use inside the cake.
1000 g passion fruit puree 250 g water 150 g caster sugar 50 g gellan gum
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and, in the meantime, warm the butter to 45°C.
- As soon as the butter has melted, pour in together with the water and knead.
- Spread out between two baking sheets to a thickness of 2.5 mm, and leave to crystallise in the refrigerator 12 hours.
180 g Corn flour 180 g semolina 360 g sugar 305 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 50 g water
2nd dough piece
- Add the first dough piece into the bowl of a spiral mixer together with the egg yolks (1) and the flour, knead for about 17 minutes or until it develops a good elasticity.
- Then add the sugar and candied orange, continue kneading until elastic.
- Add the honey infused with the orange zest prepared a day in advance.
- Once elasticity is regained, drizzle over the cream, then add the salt.
- Lastly, pour in the butter combined with the white chocolate, vanilla and egg yolks (2).
- Finish kneading and pour in the chocolate chips and passion fruit cubes, then leave to run for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place in a suitable container for one hour at 32°C.
- Divide the dough and place on wooden or other crosses for 15 minutes at room temperature, then divide into 10 pieces each weighing 780 g.
- Next, divide each piece into 5, shape into a ball, and place in 5 paper savarin moulds.
- Allow to rise at 28°C, at a relative humidity of 75%, for 5 to 6 hours.
- When ready to bake, refrigerate for 15 minutes, cut out a disc of crumble and place it on top.
- Brush with the egg white, sprinkle with cane sugar and bake.
- Bake at 175°C for 42 minutes (95°C in the middle).
3830 g first dough piece QS egg whites 1250 g passion fruit, cubed 550 g 33% white chocolate chips 8 g 300 g white chocolate 33% 525 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 150 g egg yolks (2) 34 g salt 400 g Selection Cream 35% fat 30 g grated orange zest 125 g honey 200 g candied orange paste 350 g sugar 200 g egg yolks 500 g QS