(two 940 g dough pieces)
- Whisk together the water and yeast, then add the all-purpose flour (poolish). Cover with a cling film and leave to rest for about an hour at room temperature (the mixture should double in volume).
- When the poolish has doubled in volume, knead with all the ingredients, except the layering butter, on first gear. Firm dough.
- Knead 8 to 10 minutes at second speed. The dough should be homogeneous and around 24 °C.
- Weigh two 940 g dough pieces, shape into balls, place on a baking sheet and cover with cling film.
- Leave to rest at 2 °C until the next day.
- Turning: Make one double and one single turn, the allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough and cut into shape.
- Proof for about 2 hours at 25 °C.
- Egg wash.
- Cook at 210 °C in a deck oven or at 170 °C in a ventilated oven, for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the products.
Chocolate croissant dough
- Mix the croissant dough, cocoa powder and water to obtain a smooth, uniform dough.
- Refrigerate until the next day.
100 g croissant dough 5 g cacao powder 5 g water
- Incorporate the 250 g of layering butter into the 840 g of croissant dough and give it one double turn, followed by one single turn. Allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the chocolate croissant dough the same size as the turned dough, lay the chocolate dough on top of the turned dough and roll them out together into a 51 x 42 cm rectangle with a thickness of 4 mm.
- Cut to 8.5 x 14 cm rectangles, place the chocolate sticks and candied orange near one edge, then roll up and place on a baking sheet. Use a blade to cut (leaves).
- Proof: two hours at 25 °C.
- Egg wash.
- Cook at 210 °C in a deck oven or at 170 °C in a convection oven, for about 15 minutes.
- Brush with syrup as soon as they come out of the oven.
840 g croissant dough 250 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet 1 recipe of chocolate croissant dough 18 chocolate sticks 18 strips of candied orange peel egg wash