- Baker-Pastry Chef
- Recipe calculated for 4 persons
- 8 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
Ingredients to a 30 cm x 40 cm guitar cutter frame
Chocolate and chestnut brownie
Mango and yuzu jelly
Almond and pistachio génoise
- Melt the chocolate with the butter at 45°C, add the chestnut cream, the salt and mix with a spatula.
- Leave to cool. In a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and honey together until frothy.
- Using a spatula, incorporate the chocolate and chestnut mixture, then gently fold in the flour.
- Lastly, add the chopped hazelnuts and ensure they are evenly distributed through the dough.
- Pour into a Flexipan mould and bake at 180°C for approx. 30 minutes.
105 g Chocolate couverture (66% cocoa) 122 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 105 g chestnut cream 2 g Maldon salt 100 g whole eggs 40 g chestnut honey 45 g ‘00’ grade flour – Strength 240 – Resistance/Elasticity 0.45 40 g chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Make a crème anglaise with the first 5 ingredients, heating the mixture to 82°C.
- Pass through a chinois.
- Mix the chestnut paste with the gelatine and chestnut cream and add to the crème anglaise.
- Chill to 25°C and add the lightly whipped cream.
135 g Selection Cream 35% fat 135 g milk 1 g 54 g egg yolks 30 g caster sugar 32 g gelatine 108 g Chestnut paste 108 g chestnut cream 180 g Selection Cream 35% fat
Mango and yuzu jelly
- Heat the mandarin purée to 45°C together with the yuzu purée and the lime zest.
- Mix the sugar with the pectin and add to the mixture.
- Bring it all to the boil and boil for just under 2 minutes.
- Add the gelatine and strain.
- Cool and emulsify.
4 g pectin NH 36 g gelatine
Almond and pistachio genoise
- In a cutter mixer, mix together the almond paste, the pistachio paste and the salt.
- Make an emulsion with the eggs and heat to 50°C.
- Whisk in a stand mixer on a medium speed setting for approx.15 minutes until completely cooled.
- Incorporate the melted butter, followed by the sifted flour with the baking powder.
- Bake at 170°C for 20 minutes with the vent open.
- Put the fruit purées, eggs and sugars in a saucepan and cook at 85°C.
- Place the cocoa butter, gelatine, milk powder and zest in a pyrex bowl.
- Then, pour the eggs, which have been cooked in advance, on top and mix, taking care to ensure no air bubbles form.
- Use at a temperature of 28°C-30°C.
180 g blackcurrant puree 100 g egg 30 g Egg yolks 100 g caster sugar 30 g dextrose 148 g cocoa butter 36 g gelatine 2 g skimmed milk powder 10 g Grated Sorrento lemon peel
Heat the lime juice to 40°C, add the sugar and the dissolved gelatine
300 g lime juice 75 g water 85 g sugar 10 g Gold leaf animal gelatine 50 g water for rehydrating the gelatine
- Pour a layer of the chocolate and chestnut brownie into the frame followed by a layer of the chestnut mousse.
- Level the top. Set aside in a blast chiller.
- Once it has reached 4°C, pour in the mango jelly, add the génoise and pour in the blackcurrant ganache.
- Place back in the blast chiller until it reaches 4°C.
- Then, pour the lime jelly on top. Freeze.
- Slice with a guitar cutter into 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm squares.