- Boil the water, add the black rice flour and cook for a few minutes as you would if you were making choux pastry, to allow the starch to gelatinise.
- Leave to cool on a Silpat baking mat, then mix together with the flour in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead.
- Stretch and fold the dough for 13-14 minutes, spread on a baking sheet and chill overnight at 0°C.
- The next day, roll out the dough, making a book fold and a letter fold, then leave to rest for 20 minutes at 4 °C.
- Roll out to a thickness of 2.8 mm.
- Cut the dough into the characteristic triangles (26 cm x 11 cm) and roll up, brush with beaten egg and leave to rise for about 2 hours at 27°C, RH 75%.
- Brush again with egg, sprinkle with pepper and bake.
- Bake at 175°C-180°C for 19 minutes.
130 g black rice flour 20 g fine salt 150 g gorgonzola dolce 110 g whole milk 36 g erythritol 30 g sugar 6 g diastatic malt extract UP 4500/5000 28 g Brewer's yeast 180 g natural liquid starter 620 g ‘00’ grade flour – Strength 320 – Resistance/Elasticity 0.5 200 g water for rehydrating the gelatine 500 g Express Butter 82% fat – Sheet
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until frothy.
300 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 225 g 225 g pear puree
- Once croissants cool, decorate with the whipped cream.