- Baker-Pastry Chef
- An original recipe from Giambattista Montanari
- Recipe calculated for 35 pieces
- 5 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Place all the ingredients in the machine and knead for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the dough has been kneaded it should have a temperature of about 22°C.
- Leave to rise at 22°C for 45 minutes.
- Roll out the dough without any butter until it is the size of a baking sheet, wrap it in clingfilm and place in the refrigerator straight away to chill overnight (0°C to -3°C).
- The next day, take the butter sheet out of the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before you are going to use it and roll it out to 8 mm thick.
- Then, incorporate it into the dough, making a book fold and a letter fold.
520 g 00 grade Flour – Strength 320 – Resistance/Elasticity 0.50 58 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 13 g salt 20 g Whole milk powder 5 g Diastatic malt extract 6,000 UP 60 g sugar 220 g Cold milk 28 g Brewer's yeast 115 g natural liquid starter 335 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet
Mango & yuzu hemisphere
- Caramelise the sugar until you obtain a dry caramel and stir in the boiling yuzu purée to stop the caramelisation process.
- Add the mango cubes and continue cooking until everything is dry, then add 10 g of starch.
- Take off the heat and place in hemisphere moulds.
- Freeze then remove from the moulds.
- Leave in the freezer until needed.
1080 g Mango, not too ripe 500 g yuzu puree 240 g sugar 10 g starch
- Place the butter at 22°C in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater and start to mix.
- Add the grated coconut and the sugar.
- Mix well and add the eggs.
- Lastly, add the flour.
100 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 100 g caster sugar 100 g grated coconut 100 g eggs 50 g ‘00’ grade flour – Strength 160 – Resistance/Elasticity 0.38
- In a stand mixer, mix together the sugar and the grated coconut.
- Heat the butter to 45°C to melt and pour over the other ingredients.
- Then, chill in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
160 g 140 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 175 g grated coconut
- Roll out the dough to 2.5 mm thick.
- Cut it into 3.5 cm x 32 cm strips, then use them to line stainless steel rings that are 10 cm in diameter and 4 cm high.
- Fill halfway with the frangipane and then cover with the coconut crumble until they are three-quarters full.
- Leave to rise at 26°C for approx.
- 1 hour 30 minutes, then cook under pressure (place a Forosil mat on top of the rings and a baking sheet on top of that).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 180°C.
- Then, add a mango and yuzu hemisphere in the centre of each one and decorate around the edges with pistachio kernels.