- Baker-Pastry Chef
Salters Butter Buns
- An original recipe from Rony Parijs
- Recipe calculated for 60 pieces
- 5 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Dissolve the yeast in the cold water.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, powdered milk, honey, butter (1) and the yeast mixture on Speed 1 for 5 minutes. Knead on Speed 2 for 8 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Punch down, roll out into a rectangle and refrigerate overnight.
1773 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 32 g salt 150 g sugar 90 g milk powder 60 g honey 900 g water 90 g yeast 100 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block
Sugar/fleur de sel mixture
- Combine the ingredients
200 g sugar 8 g fleur de sel
Egg yolk, cream & milk wash
- Combine the ingredients.
200 g egg yolks 50 g cream 50 g milk
Shaping and baking
- Enclose the butter sheet (2) in the dough and perform 2 double turns. Let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out a butter sheet (3) to a thickness of 7 mm and cut into 6 cm long bars. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm.
- Cut vertically into 8 cm strips. Then cut into 16 cm long rectangles.
- Roll each rectangle around one stick of butter and a pinch (3 g) of the sugar/salt mixture. Moisten the seal slightly using a pastry brush. Store in the freezer or let rise immediately for 1¾ hrs at 28°C. Let rest for 15 min in the refrigerator then brush with the egg wash. Bake in a 170°C convection oven for approximately 17 minutes. Let cool then sprinkle with icing sugar.