- Baker-Pastry Chef
- An original recipe from Giambattista Montanari
- Recipe calculated for 35 pieces
- 4 completion stages
First dough - 17:30
- Melt the sugar with the egg yolks in the hot water.
- Add the flour and the natural liquid starter, then knead for approx. 17 minutes, until the dough has a good elasticity.
- Lastly, add the butter. (Temperature of the dough at the end: 25 °C – 26 °C).
- Leave the dough to rise at 22°C for 18 hours until it has risen to one and a half times its original volume.
- Prepare the second dough the following morning.
100 g Egg yolks 108 g sugar 125 g water 450 g ‘00’ grade wheat flour – Strength 360 - Resistance/Elasticity 0.60 450 g Natural liquid starter 125 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block
Second dough - 07:30
- In a stand mixer, mix together the first dough, the egg yolks and the flour until you have a very elastic dough.
- Add the sugar, and once you have an elastic dough, add the cream, salt and then, the egg yolks.
- Lastly, add the butter mixed with the pulp scraped from the vanilla pods.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour at 35°C, in individual rings that are 4 cm in height and 10 cm in diameter.
- Roll out the dough and make it the shape and size of a baking sheet.
- Chill at 4°C and roll out with 500 g of butter, making three letter folds.
- Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes at 4°C, then roll out to 2.5 mm thick.
- Spread a mixture of Corman liquid clarified butter and Corman roasted butter over the surface of the dough.
Finishing touches and baking
- Sprinkle your work surface with Maldon salt and the semi-candied Ciaculli late mandarin and roll up.
- Cut into slices 1 cm thick and place on a baking sheet. Leave to rise for 5-6 hours at 26°C.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 175°C.
Maldon salt Semi-candied Ciaculli late mandarin