- Baker-Pastry Chef
- 2 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
1st dough piece
- Combine the sugar and egg yolks in the bowl of a spiral mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Replace the whisk with a dough hook.
- Add the sourdough and leave it running for a few minutes before adding the flour, malt extract and water.
- Knead for about 15 minutes, then pour in the cream and lastly, the butter.
- Knead again for 20 to 25 minutes at 26-27°C.
- Leave the dough to rise at 27°C for 10-12 hours, until it has reached approximately 1.5 times its initial volume (800 g of dough in a 200 cm3 cylinder must reach the top).
- Brush with butter and place in the fridge at 4°C for an hour.
1000 g sugar 1000 g egg yolks 1200 g sourdough 3000 g 90 g diastatic malt extract UP 4500/5000 500 g water at 37°C 500 g Selection Cream 35% fat 1366 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block
2nd dough piece
- Into the bowl of a spiral mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the first dough piece together with the flour and egg yolks (1), and knead for 17 minutes until the gluten network has developed.
- Once the dough is elastic, add the sugars, egg yolks (2) and leave to run for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and stir for a few minutes.
- Drizzle over the cream and add the egg yolks (3), then gradually add the butter mixed with the orange and lemon zests, honey and vanilla.
- Knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Next, add the fruit, leaving the mixer on for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in a suitable container for one hour at 32°C.
- Divide the dough and rest on a wooden stand for 15 minutes at room temperature, then shape into balls and place in paper moulds.
- Leave to rise at 28°C at a relative humidity of 75% for 5 to 6 hours.
- When ready to bake, refrigerate for 15 minutes, before baking in an oven at 175°C for 50minutes (per 1kg Panettone – 93°C in the middle).
8590 g first dough piece 1500 g 200 g egg yolks (1) 500 g sugar 100 g invert sugar 300 g egg yolks (2) 34 g salt 500 g Selection Cream 35% fat 500 g 1166 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 200 g honey 3 orange zest 3 grated lemon zest 4 2000 g 1200 g candied orange, cubed 300 g candied citron, cubed