- Mix together the plain and strong flour, the salt, sugar, butter (cut into pieces), and the yeast, which has been mixed together with the milk.
- Knead on the lowest speed setting for 5 minutes, then for 3 minutes on the second speed setting.
- Roll into a ball and let it rise for one hour.
- Knock back the dough and chill.
- Using the butter, carry out a double turn then a single turn.
- Leave to chill in the refrigerator.
- Roll out to a thickness of 3 mm.
- Cut out 11 cm squares.
- Fold the corners of each square in towards the centre.
- Put in a Flexipan® Florentine mould ref. 112 for 2 hours at 28°C
835 g T55 flour 835 g T45 flour 65 g yeast 860 g milk 30 g salt 190 g sugar 165 g butter 1000 g Extra Butter 82% fat – Sheet
Orange cream cheese filling
- Mix all of the ingredients together using a food processor except the candied oranges.
- Add the oranges then roll out to a thickness of 0.5 cm.
- Place in the freezer. Cut out circles which are 5 cm in diameter.
500 g cream cheese 200 g almond paste 50% 40 g flour 80 g eggs 1 zest orange 80 g candied orange
- Mix the ingredients together.
200 g egg yolks 200 g milk
- Bring the water, brown sugar, glucose, gum arabic and the cinnamon sticks to the boil.
- Add the orange blossom and leave it to infuse.
250 g water 250 g raw sugar 100 g glucose 70 g gum arabic 2 cinnamon sticks 10 g orange blossom
Assembly and baking
- Add the orange cream cheese filling and glaze.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on the orange cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 170°C for 17 minutes.
- Coat the pastries with the glazing syrup when they come out of the oven.