- Knead all the ingredients, except the butter.
- The liquids must be at a temperature of 4 °C at most.
- Add the cubed butter when the dough is almost ready.
- After you finish kneading the dough, spread it on a 60×40 cm tray and freeze.
- Remove the frozen dough and, at a temperature of -3 °C (i.e. when the dough begins to have flexibility), roll out the butter and place it on top of 2/3 of the dough.
- Fold it into a triple fold (when you divide the dough into thirds and fold one on top of the other).
- Roll it out again and make a five fold (a five fold is when you divide the dough into five parts and you fold one on top of the other), ensuring that the dough covers the entire tray.
- Put it in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out to a thickness of 4 millimetres.
- Cut the croissants with a knife and put them on a tray again and let them rest for 3 more hours in the fridge to chill them.
- Roll the croissants and brush them with egg wash and freeze.
- Take out the croissants and ferment them at a temperature of 28 °C and 85% humidity for 4 hours.
- Do not forget to spray the croissants every 30 minutes so that they do not develop a film.
- Brush the croissants with egg wash before putting them in the oven.
- Cook at 170 °C in a convection oven or 195 °C in a conventional oven for 15 minutes with the draught closed and 5minutes with it open.
Tartlet filling: Frangipane
- Add the sugar to the softened butter and whip it a little. Add the eggs little by little and then the ground hazelnuts.
- The recipe for frangipane is: 2/3 parts hazelnut cream + 1/3 part pastry cream, although some places do not add pastry cream.
- Roll out the puff pastry thinly to a thickness of 2 mm.
- Cut a strip 5 centimetres wide by 15 centimetres long.
- Butter the inside of 2 stainless steel rings (7 and 8 centimetres in diametre).
- Line the 8-centimetre-diametre ring with the dough and place the 7-centimetre-diametre ring inside, so the dough will not rise much while cooking.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour at 25 °C and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 170 °C.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the inner ring.
- Pipe the mold half full with frangipane and bake for 30 minutes.
125 g powdered hazelnuts 125 g sugar 125 g Roasted butter 98% fat 150 g eggs QS raw sugar
Finishing the tartlets: Pastry cream
- Combine the milk, cream, vanilla extract, lemon peel, cinnamon sticks and sugars and bring to the boil.
- Let infuse for 2 minutes, then strain.
- Mix the yolks and the cornstarch separately.
- Combine with the other mixture and bring to the boil.
- Top with the pastry cream and lightly dust the surface of the cream with the brown sugar and caramelize with a kitchen torch.
- Garnish with raspberries.