- Baker-Pastry Chef
- 7 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Whip the egg whites and 2/3 of the sugar, then at the end, add the xanthan gum mixed with the last 1/3 of the sugar.
- Add the egg yolks and sifted flour, using a spatula to incorporate.
- Pipe three discs of 14 cm in diameter onto a Silpat, then pipe the rest into 6 cm lady fingers using a No. 13 plain tip.
- Sprinkle the lady fingers with chocolate grated using the Microplane®.
- Dust twice with icing sugar.
- Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 175 °C for 15 mins. Leave to cool.
300 g egg whites 250 g sugar 1 g xanthan gum 200 g egg yolks 250 g T55 flour 50 g chocolate 64%
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil, then add the vanilla extract.
- Leave to cool and place in the refrigerator.
100 g sugar 200 g water 10 g vanilla extract
- Bring Sculpture (1) to the boil and pour over the chocolate to make a ganache.
- Whip Sculpture (2) and add to the previous mixture at 45°C.
280 g chocolate 64% 230 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 620 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
- Bring the Sculpture to the boil, then add the hydrated gelatine and pour over the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator.
200 g chocolate 64% 100 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 28 g hydrated gelatine (4 g gelatine + 24 g water)
- Whip the Sculpture and sugar together.
400 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 32 g sugar
- Spread the tempered chocolate onto a marble board, leave to crystallise, then chop into chips.
350 g chocolate 64%
- Soak the lady fingers and sponge discs.
- Arrange the lady fingers around the ring and place a disc in the bottom.
- Pipe in 360 g of chocolate mousse and place in the freezer.
- Gently heat the ganache in the microwave, then use a piping bag with no tip to fill the ganache in between the lady fingers.
- Pipe swirls of Sculpture to decorate the Charlotte, and finish with a spiral in the centre.
- Garnish with chocolate chips. (+/-40 g)