- Baker-Pastry Chef
Banana and passion fruit cake
- An original recipe from Giambattista Montanari
- 6 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
Milk chocolate and banana suprême
- Heat the first 5 ingredients to 82°C, add the lemon juice and the gelatine, then pour onto the broken up milk chocolate couverture and mix with a hand-held blender.
- Leave to cool to 35°C, then incorporate the slightly whipped cream.
100 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 100 g milk 37 g Egg yolks 30 g fine sugar 150 g Banana pulp with 10 % sugar 30 g lemon juice 40 g gelatine mass 300 g Milk chocolate (39% cocoa) couverture 250 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
Passion fruit mousse
- Pour the crème anglaise onto the white chocolate couverture and gelatine and mix.
- Fold the purées in gently.
- Beat the slightly whisked cream mixture and when it reaches 25°C, mix together with the semi-whipped cream.
335 g Basic crème anglaise 114 g White chocolate (38% cocoa) couverture 45 g gelatin mass 50 g passion fruit puree 74 g banana purée 305 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
Basic crème anglaise
- Mix all the ingredients together and place on the heat or an induction hob and heat to 85°C.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
380 g Sculpture 30.2% fat 40 g milk 213 g Egg yolks 91 g fine sugar
Hazelnut praline crunch
- Melt the chocolate couverture, add the hazelnut praline and mix well.
- Gently fold in the wafer pieces so you don’t break them and they keep their crunchy texture.
125 g hazelnut praliné 50 g Wafer pieces 50 g milk chocolate
- Whisk the eggs, tant pout tant, sugar and flour together.
- At the same time, whisk the egg whites and melt the butter.
- Add the hot butter to the whipped mixture and lighten with the egg whites.
- Spread on Silpat baking mats or on greaseproof paper. Cook at 240°C-250°C for 7 minutes.
- Note: 600 g per sheet.
750 g Tant pour tant with almonds 1050 g whole eggs 150 g flour 60 g Liquid Clarified Butter 99,9% fat 975 g egg white 240 g sugar
- Make an insert by placing a disk of joconde biscuit in a ring with hazelnut praline spread, dress with passion fruit mousse, and place a disk of joconde biscuit of equal size on the insert.
- Place the insert in a ring two cm larger than the insert, pour the milk chocolate and the banana supreme. Level and refreeze.
- Once removed from the mold, cover with 75% mounted Sculpture and top with sugar paste. Assemble the trays and decorate as desired.
1000 g Sculpture 30.2% fat