- Beat the egg yolks, eggs, invert sugar and sugar (1).
- Whisk the egg whites separately and beat until stiff with the sugar (2) then add the red colouring.
- Combine the two mixtures, add the sifted together flour and cocoa powder
160 g Egg yolks 440 g egg 27 g invert sugar 408 g sugar (1) 240 g egg white 140 g sugar (2) 200 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 60 g cacao powder red food colouring
Dark chocolate cremeux
- Bring the milk to the boil.
- Add the gelatine mass then pour over the melted chocolate and glucose.
- Incorporate the Sculpture, blending with a hand mixer to create a perfect emulsion.
- Let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (ideally overnight).
150 g milk 195 g dark chocolate 63% 7 g glucose syrup 39 g gelatin mass 300 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
Macerated sour cherries
- Coarsely chop the frozen sour cherries.
- Let them thaw and reserve the juice.
- Heat the juice with the sugar and the sour cherry purée.
- Add the kirsch, pour over the sour cherries and let macerate for at least 4 hours (ideally overnight).
1690 g IQF sour cherries 280 g sugar 195 g kirsch (optional) 195 g Morello Cherry puree
Sour cherry compote
- Drain the macerated sour cherries and heat the juice.
- At 40°C, add the pectin combined with the sugar (1).
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the gelatine mass.
- Blend with a hand mixer then add the xanthan gum combined with the sugar (2).
- Stir in the sour cherries.
1 recipe macerated sour cherries 343 g sugar (1) 55 g pectin NH 175 g gelatin mass 100 g sugar (2) 11 g xanthan gum
- Prepare a traditional pastry cream.
1150 g milk 280 g egg yolks 230 g sugar 60 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 60 g cream powder
Vanilla diplomat cream
- Whisk the pastry cream until smooth, add the vanilla extract and melted gelatine mass followed by the kirsch.
- Whip the Sculpture and fold gently into the pastry cream
1460 g pastry cream 30 g vanilla extract with seeds 250 g gelatin mass 93 g kirsch (optional) 1460 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
Red sour cherry glaze
- Combine the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Strain before using.
1000 g hot neutral glaze 200 g Morello Cherry puree 200 g water SQ water soluble cherry red colouring
Dark chocolate fir trees
- Thinly spread the tempered dark chocolate between 2 guitar sheets.
- Cut out small fir trees with a cookie cutter.
- Let crystallize between two baking sheets.
300 g dark chocolate 63%
SQ sour cherries preserved in alcohol SQ decorative icing sugar
- Divide the cocoa sponge cake batter between 4 Silpat-lined baking sheets (400 g each) within 35.5 x 55 cm frames. Remove the frames and bake in a 220°C convection oven for approximately 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer immediately to cooling racks to let cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Lightly whip the chocolate cremeux with the whisk attachment. Form tubes with rhodoid sheets (Ø3 cm x 55 cm long). Pipe the cremeux into each tube then place the tubes in the freezer.
- Whisk the compote until smooth then spread 600 g onto each sheet of sponge cake (crust side) and let set in the refrigerator.
- Spread with 400 g of vanilla diplomat cream. Place the tube of chocolate cremeux, pressing it down lightly into the diplomat cream then roll up the log cake. Place in the freezer.
- Whisk the remaining vanilla diplomate cream and spread 400 g on a 54 x 24 cm rhodoid sheet. Place the frozen roll on the edge and roll up. Return to the freezer.
- Spray with a thin coating of cherry red glaze. Whip the Sculpture with the sugar and pipe out onto the logs in a staggered row using a 15 mm fine star tip.
- Then pipe out more Sculpture on the ends of the log and tap with a palette knife to create a textured surface. Decorate with chocolate trees, sprinkle with decorative icing sugar then decorate with a few drained sour cherries preserved in alcohol.