Matcha croissant dough
- Dissolve the yeast in the cold milk.
- Combine the two types of flour, the salt, sugar, matcha green tea, butter cut in cubes and the yeast/milk mixture on Speed 1 of the mixer for 5 minutes.
- Knead on Speed 2 for 8 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and let rise for 1 hour. Punch down, roll out into a rectangle and refrigerate overnight.
985 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 985 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 60 g matcha tea 75 g yeast 1015 g milk 35 g salt 1000 g Extra concentrated butter 99.9% fat – Sheet
Milk chocolate hazelnut coating
- Combine the solid milk chocolate at 29°C with the hazelnut paste and liquid butter.
- Mix then add the chopped hazelnuts.
1000 milk chocolate 46% 400 g hazelnut paste 100% 100 g Liquid clarified butter 99,9% fat 100 g
Shaping and baking
- Enclose the butter sheet in the matcha dough and perform 1 double turn.
- Then give the dough 1 single turn and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 mm and cut into triangles measuring 30 cm high by 12 cm at the base (75 g) and cut a notch in them.
- Roll up the croissants.
- Store in the freezer or let rise for 1¾ hr at 28°C.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then brush with egg wash.
- Preheat the convection oven to 190°C then reduce the temperature and bake at 170°C or approximately 17 minutes.
- Let cool and coat the croissants with the hazelnut coating at 25°C.
- Let crystallise.