- Mix together the egg yolks and the sugar and cook to 82 °C.
- Put the mixture in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until cool.
- Then, add the mascarpone and cream cheese.
- Continue to whisk until white and creamy.
- Lastly, add the whipped cream and the melted gelatine.
100 g Egg yolks 180 g caster sugar 340 g Fresh mascarpone 160 g 72 g gelatine 435 g Selection Cream 35% fat
- Mix the first four ingredients together and heat to 50°C.
- Then, pour the mixture over the cocoa butter.
- Add the gelatine.
- Mix well to create a smooth, consistent emulsion.
- Cover and leave to crystallise in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours before use.
- The next day, break up the ganache and whisk in a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater.
96 g 128 g caster sugar 568 g Selection Cream 35% fat 10 g instant coffee 134 g cocoa butter 12 g gelatine
Coffee panettone - first dough
- Melt the sugar, malt extract, coffee, cream and egg yolks together.
- Add the natural starter and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour over the flour mixed with the sodium bicarbonate. Knead for approx.
- 15 minutes. Lastly, add the butter 22°C. Kneading time: 20-25 minutes.
- Dough temperature: 26 – 27 °C. Leave to rise for 12-14 hours at 25°C until the dough has risen to 1.5 times its original volume (800 g of dough in a 200 cm3 cylinder should reach the edge).
- Then, brush with butter and chill for 1 hour at 4°C.
100 g sugar 3 g Diastatic malt extract (5,000 PU) 100 g Expresso 90 g Selection Cream 35% fat 60 g Egg yolks 300 g Flour for the panettone 2 g Sodium bicarbonate 92 g Liquid sourdough starter 80 g Carlsbourg PDO Butter 82% fat
Coffee panettone - second dough
- In a stand mixer, knead the first dough, the flour and bicarbonate of soda together for 17 minutes until it forms an elastic dough.
- Then, add the sugar and honey, and mix again for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in the cream a little at a time, and the salt and mix for 5-7 minutes.
- Then, add the egg yolks, drizzling in a little at a time.
- Lastly, add the emulsion made from the butter and the coffee paste.
- Knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place in a suitable container for 1 hour at 35°C.
- Cut and leave to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Then, roll into balls and place in paper cases.
- Leave to rise for 5-6 hours at 28°C, with a R.H. of 75%.
- When ready to cook, chill for 15 minutes before baking in an oven at 175°C for 50 minutes (95°C in the centre of each 1 kg piece).
827 g first dough piece 30 g Flour for the panettone 1 g Sodium bicarbonate 30 g Egg yolks 24 g sugar 5 g honey 5 g fine salt 157 g Selection Cream 35% fat 40 g Carlsbourg PDO Butter 82% fat 50 g Coffee paste
- In a saucepan, bring the first 4 ingredients to 104°C.
- Add the gelatine and pour over the chocolate, and then add the ground coffee.
- Mix until it forms a smooth, elastic emulsion.
- Place in the refrigerator at 4°C for at least 6 hours to crystallise before use.
150 g 300 g sugar 300 g Glucose syrup 43 DE 200 g sweetened condensed milk 120 g Gelatine 300 g white chocolate 3 g Ground coffee
Assembly and finishing touches
- Take four silicone moulds and start to assemble the dessert by pouring in 160 g of the tiramisu cream to line the mould.
- Then add a disc that is 16 cm in diameter of coffee-flavour panettone and moisten with the espresso.
- Add a layer of coffee ganache (use 220 g), add another 16-cm disc of coffee-flavour panettone and moisten again with the espresso.
- Add a second and final layer of tiramisu cream, add another 16-cm disc of coffee-flavoured panettone and moisten again with the espresso.
- Freeze, remove from the mould and glaze.