First dough - 17:30
- Mix the sugar with the egg yolks and 200 g of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add the starter and mix for a few minutes, then add the flour, malt and cream.
- Mix for approx. 15 minutes, then pour in the water and after a few more minutes, the remaining butter.
- Kneading time: 20-25 minutes.
- Dough temperature: 26°C-27°C.
- Leave the dough to rise for 10-12 hours at 25°C until the dough has risen to one and a half times its original volume (800 g of dough in a 200 cm3 cylinder should reach the edge).
- Then, brush with butter and chill for 1 hour at 4°C.
- Then, move on to the second dough.
Second dough - approx. 07:30
- Place the first dough in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the flour for approx.
- 17 minutes, until the dough is very elastic and the gluten is completely relaxed.
- As soon as the dough is very elastic, pour in the egg yolks and mix for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the sugar and invert sugar and continue to knead for another 7 minutes.
- At the end, gradually add the honey and butter emulsion (prepared the day before) and the orange zest.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Slowly, drizzle in the cream, then mix in the salt.
- Mix the butter with the orange paste, pistachio paste, and vanilla and incorporate into the mixture.
- Continue to knead for 7-8 minutes.
- At the end, add the chilled and diced marzipan, the pistachios and the orange cubes, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in a suitable container and set aside for 1 hour at 32°C-35°C.
- Cut and place on wooden chopping boards or another type of chopping board for 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Then, instead of giving the dough a rounded shape or cutting it in half, make it into a sausage, so that the dough has a unique shape in the baking case which will spread as it rises.
- Leave to rise at 28 °C, with an R. H. of 75 %, for 5-6 hours.
- Once ready to bake, chill in the refrigerator at 4°C for 15 minutes, then glaze with the pistachio glaze, and decorate with black pistachios and pearl sugar.
- Bake at 175°C for 50 minutes, with the vent closed for the first 35 minutes (93°C-94°C in the centre).
178 g ‘00’ grade wheat flour – Strength 380 - Resistance/Elasticity 0.65 208 g egg yolk 178 g sugar 89 g invert sugar 74 g orange blossom honey 148 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 36 g orange zest 475 g Selection Cream 35% fat 20 g fine salt 119 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 297 g 100% pure pistachio paste 386 g marzipan (65% almonds) 238 g aromatic orange paste 6 g vanilla pod (or vanilla extract) 1603 g 9 mm x 9 mm candied orange cubes 772 g Bronte pistachios