- Mix together, either using a whisk or a stand mixer, the honey, milk, eggs and egg yolks.
- Add the flour, the natural liquid starter and the yeast, then start to knead.
- Knead for 10-12 minutes, enough time to give the dough a good texture.
- Add the salt and, after a few minutes, the cooked wheat emulsion.
- Finish by adding the small cubes of candied orange and knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Once you have finished making the dough, place it in a proofing cabinet at 30°C for 45 minutes.
- Then, cut into 10 pieces weighing 240 g-260 g each, and give them a slightly rounded shape.
- Place in disposable cake cases and leave to rise for 4 hours at 28°C.
- Once ready, glaze and place in the oven at 170°C for approx. 25 minutes.
- They should not be returned to the oven once cooked, but if possible placed in a blast chiller at 3°C.
25 g orange blossom honey 38 g eggs 150 g egg yolks 190 g whole milk 680 g Flour 00 Strength 330 - Firmness/Elasticity 0,55 140 g natural liquid starter 6 g Osmotolerant brewer's yeast 12 g salt 350 g 9 mm x 9 mm candied orange cubes
Orange and cooked wheat emulsion
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater except for the white chocolate and the Cointreau.
- Heat the mixture to 45°C then pour over the rest of the ingredients.
- The liqueur should be added at the end.
- Whisk until light and airy.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave at 18°C for 16 hours before use.
400 g Orange blossom honey 150 g Cinnamon-flavoured cooked wheat 200 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 115 g white chocolate 40 g Fructose 10 g grated orange zests 2 g Vanilla sugar pearls 20 g Cointreau
Cinnamon-flavoured cooked wheat
- Pour the cooked wheat, sugar, milk, butter and orange zest into a saucepan.
- Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Take off the heat and place in a blast chiller.
105 g Cinnamon-flavoured cooked wheat 15 g sugar 30 g whole milk 18 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 3 g orange zest 2 g cinnamon powder
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix together, then leave to rest for 12 hours at 20°C before use.
250 g sugar 75 g candied orange paste 125 g almond meal 125 g egg white