- Mix the ground almonds and sugar together. Sift to obtain a very fine powder.
- In a saucepan, make a syrup by heating the water and the sugar to 110°C.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the egg whites (1) with a pinch of salt.
- Gradually pour the syrup – at a temperature of 110°C – over the egg whites (1) a little at a time, beat and allow to run for five minutes at medium speed. The temperature of the meringue should drop to 45°C.
- Add the cold egg whites (2) to the meringue and mix until they are well incorporated into the warm egg whites. Mix to obtain a smooth meringue.
- Add the sifted almond and sugar. Incorporate into the meringue.
- Mix until smooth. It should flow without being too runny.
495 g ground almonds 495 g sugar 495 g sugar 165 g water 165 g egg whites (1) 165 g egg whites (2) 1 pinch of salt
SHAPING AND BAKING
- Pipe the macarons onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 140°C for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Slide the baking paper with the macarons onto a clean, cold work surface.
- Heat the milk, sugar (1) and vanilla and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, mix the sugar (2), egg yolks and cornflour to a smooth paste.
- Add it to the hot milk and make a custard cream.
- Place the cream in a clean bowl with cling film on the surface. Allow to cool to 28°C.
- Soften the butter in the bowl of a mixer. Whip until the butter is light and airy then gradually add the custard cream until a light cream is obtained.
375 g milk 200 g sugar (1) 1 vanilla pods 25 g sugar (2) 125 g 80 g egg yolks 40 g Corn Strarch 500 g
- Mix the Malibu rum with the coconut and add to the whipped cream.
1 50 g Malibu® 75 g grated coconut
HAZELNUT PRALINE FILLING
- Mix in the hazelnut praline paste until it forms a smooth cream.
1 150 g hazelnut praliné
- Mix in the speculoos powder until it forms a smooth cream
1 150 g ground speculoos
- Assemble the macaron shells according to size. Fill with the cream.
- Allow to cool overnight in the fridge at 15 °C to enhance the flavour and texture of the macarons.