- Baker-Pastry Chef
- An original recipe from Lluis Costa
- 4 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Add all these ingredients to your mixer to generate the gluten.
- Then add the egg yolks, little by little, the water and finally the butter
1,75 kg caster sugar 1 kg 2 kg fresh yeast 1,25 kg egg yolks 4 kg 1 kg egg yolks 500 g 2,5 kg Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block
- 1st RISE (overnight)
- Use your mixer to make a syrup using some of the water at 30 °C and the sugar.
- Add the starter culture in pieces.
- Then add half the egg yolks.
- Add all the flour at once and then leave the mixture to bind so that the gluten can be activated.
- Add the other half of the egg yolks and the rest of the water.
- Finally, add the butter and then increase the speed of the mixer.
- Scoop the dough out of the mixer with buttered hands and place it in a plastic bowl.
- Make sure to use a large bowl as the dough will triple in size.
- Coat the surface of the dough with butter and make a mark where the dough reaches on the sides of the bowl.
- Mix the flour with the mixture from yesterday for a minimum of 5 minutes to keep generating the gluten, then add the crème pâtissière and mix for another 5 minutes.
First mixture 1,5 kg
- Put the mixture from yesterday that was left to rise for 12-14 hours in the mixer and degas it.
- Incorporate the flour and leave for 10 minutes until the dough becomes homogeneous and elastic.
- Add the crème pâtissière and leave the dough to bind for another 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and let the dough bind gradually. It is important to add the eggs little by little.
- Next, add the sugar and honey a little bit at a time.
- Incorporate the salt and butter into the mixture.
- Finally, add the chocolate.
- Leave the dough to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into pieces weighing 500 g each, place them in the moulds and leave to rise for 7 to 8 hours at 30 °C.
- Brush the panettones with egg wash before putting them in the oven.
- Bake in the oven at 150 °C for 35 minutes.
- When you take the panettones out of the oven, it is important that you prick them, turn them upside down and leave to rest for 3 hours so that they do not sink.
500 g pastry cream 450 g sugar 150 g honey 750 g egg yolks 200 g 750 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Block 120 g salt 8000 g 120 g cocoa powder