- Baker-Pastry Chef
Chestnut four seasons cake roll
- Recipe calculated for 24 persons / 24 pieces
- 5 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
Cocoa sponge cake
- Whip the egg whites on medium speed and add the sugar.
- Combine the honey with the milk and the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder and add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Combine to a smooth batter and add the vegetable oil.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites and combine to obtain a homogeneous batter.
- Line a 40 x 60 cm baking tray with a silicone mat and spread the batter evenly on it.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Cool the sponge cake after baking but leave on the silicone mat.
- Cover with clingfilm and let rest overnight in the refrigerator.
210 g pasteurized liquid egg yolks 90 g vegetable oil 25 g Corn Strarch 100 g T45 flour 80 g honey 350 g pasteurized liquid egg whites 125 g sugar 145 g milk 25 g cocoa powder
Liquid chocolate glaze
- Slowly melt the milk chocolate.
- Add the cocoa butter and the grapeseed oil.
- Mix for 90 seconds, add the roasted hazelnut pieces and set aside until needed.
- You need approximately 20 g for each individual cake.
- Using larger volumes to start makes working easier.
500 g milk chocolate 46% 150 g cocoa butter 25 g grape seed oil 125 g roasted hazelnut pieces
- Combine the sugar, the stabilizer and the pectin.
- Heat the puree and the egg yolks to 45°C.
- Add the combined dry ingredients to the puree and heat the mixture to 85°C.
- Add the rum once the temperature is reached.
- Stir continuously to prevent the puree from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Cool quickly to 40°C and add the softened dairy butter to the puree.
- Blend to emulsify the mixture. Cover the surface with clingfilm and set aside until needed to assemble the cake rolls.
48 g sugar 4 g ice cream stabilizer 72 g pasteurized liquid egg yolks 112 g Traditional Butter 82% fat – Block 300 g Sabaton® chestnut puree 4 g NH pectin 4 g rum grand Arome 54°
Chestnut whipping cream
- Add the syrup to the Sculpture and whip to a light whipped cream.
100 g Monin® chestnut syrup 500 g Sculpture 30.2% fat
- Remove the silicone mat from the sponge cake.
- Cut the sponge cake into 4 equal parts measuring 20 x 30 cm.
- Spread 150 g of the whipped chestnut cream onto each rectangle of sponge cake.
- Pipe lengths of chestnut cremeux on top of the cream.
- Roll up the sponge cakes lengthwise and seal closed.
- Make neat rolls by using a semi-rigid plastic sheet.
- Freeze until firm enough to cut to size.
- Cut a 30 cm long roll into 6 small individual cakes.
- Place on a tray and keep frozen.
- Heat the chocolate glaze to a temperature of 38-40°C and dip the frozen cake rolls individually in the glaze.
- Dip just the sides and scrape the bottom of the cake before placing them on a silicone mat to set.
- Decorate with Sculpture sweetened to 8%, then decorate as desired.