- Baker-Pastry Chef
- Recipe calculated for 40 pieces
- 4 completion stages
Corman products used for this recipe
- Using the dough hook of the stand mixer, combine the two types of flour, butter and salt and slowly pour in the vinegar and water.
- Form into a ball and let rest in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough and top with the butter sheet.
- Close up the dough and give it its turns.
310 g strong flour (T45, approximately 14% protein) 940 g plain flour (T55, approximately 11% protein) 25 g salt 125 g butter 1000 g Dairy Butter 82% fat – Sheet
- Cut the apples into small cubes.
- Cook all the ingredients together, covered.
- When they are half cooked, take out 900 g of cubes and cook the rest until reduced to a compote.
- Return the cooked apple cubes to the compote and set aside in the refrigerator
3200 g Pink lady apples 220 g raw sugar 3 exhausted dried vanilla beans 3 cinnamon stick
Egg yolk, cream, milk wash
- Combine all ingredients.
200 g egg yolks 50 g cream 50 g milk
- Perform 5 single turns on the dough, respecting the resting time between each.
- Roll out to a thickness of 2.5 mm.
- Cut out the turnovers using a fluted cutter.
- Using a brush, moisten the edges with a little water.
- Pipe out 50 g of apple compote in the centre of each turnover.
- Close and seal the edges.
- Let rest in the refrigerator.
- Turn over and flatten slightly.
- Brush twice with the egg yolk/cream/milk wash.
- Prick and bake in a 170°C convection oven for approximately 35 minutes.