Dough identical to that of a Panettone
For 5 plaits around 450 g each
- Make a fermented dough with the yeast, the milk and 660 g of the flour.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Fold the dough and add the Trimoline, salt, cold eggs and the vanilla.
- Add the rest of the flour (340 g) and mix well.
- Incorporate the cubes of Corman beurre noisette.
- Knead for 6 minutes on speed 1 then 4 minutes on speed 2. Check that the dough is not too sticky. Its temperature should rise to around 24°C.
- Add the chopped roasted almonds and the candied orange pieces to the dough.
- Leave the dough to rise for 30 minutes and fold it again.
Creating the plaited nests
- Divide the dough into 150 g pieces and shape them into balls.
- Leave them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Stretch the balls of dough into strips and make 3-strand plaits.
- Wrap the plaits around pastry cutters lined with greaseproof paper on their outsides and place them on a baking tray.
- Leave the dough to rise for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Monitor the temperature of the proofing unit. It must not be too high to ensure the Corman butter does not leak out of the dough.