- Cover four baking sheets with parchment paper and place cutters/rings on them of the desired size, round or oval (like an egg!). Line the inside edges with parchment paper.
- In a large container, whip up a firm meringue with the egg whites and sugar. Add the vanilla at the end.
- In another bowl, combine the icing sugar, ground almonds and flour. Sieve the mixture.
- Gradually incorporate this dry mixture into the meringue until all the ingredients are dissolved and the resulting preparation is thoroughly homogeneous and shiny, but not too liquid.
- Using a pastry bag and nozzle, fill the shapes with the mixture, in a delicate circular motion from the inside edge to the centre.
- Cook the macaronade at 180°C for around 20 minutes.
The next stage is to cover your macaronade with crunchy praline, and then delicious layers of milk chocolate ganache and whipped ganache. And then the finishing touch... a chocolate net which you can decorate with chocolate eggs.
*For coeliacs, replace the flour with 800 g of cornflour.